Monday, October 8, 2012

What. the. F. aka, things said my first day back.

First day of school today. Well, first day back after maternity leave and I w.ork for a school, so....

I bought pants for the occasion, in my normal size, which made me feel pretty good about myself. No shame in admitting I strutted around my kitchen this morning and gave myself a little pat on the back. 

Then I went in to my office. I was getting all the news I've missed in the last three months. They repaved the street, a couple of colleagues were married, oh and she had a baby.

Wait, what? She was pregnant? The same time I waddled though the halls and moaned to the masses she was rocking skinny jeans and not saying a word? We were due weeks apart? And she was back to work the next week? Well done much younger, fitter co-worker. And by well done I mean, can we trade genetics?

My pants no longer seem all that special. I did not strut post work. 

But hey, they repaved the street!  

And look at these feet! I get to come home to these feet!


10 comments:

  1. Mel you are so funny. I love your blog. Hopefully your day was good, it's so hard going back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good! I'm lucky I dig my co workers.

      Delete
  2. you deserve a strut post work too. strut away. oh and i bet grays baby feet are so much cuter than fit pregnant babys feet! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. These baby feet could take home prizes at county fairs.

      Delete
  3. Wow. That would piss me off. I'm shaking my head along with you, alright.

    Its like that episode of the office angela vs. pam, if you haven't seen it you should totally dig it up. hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly the episode. The weird thing is she didn't tell anyone she was pregnant. Not even her best friend. She rocked a bikini at the beach this summer! Crazy good genetics.

      Delete
  4. I hate people like that. What is she a celebrity or something? Haha!!! You look fab I'm sure. Kiddos to putting on your old pants!!! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey. They don't fit exactly the same, but they are buttoned. Most of the day.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha, you crack me up so much!! I want to not laugh because I would not be happy but the way you described the scene is hilarious, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's funny. Like I laugh outloud every time I think about it. Like really loud because I really, really waddled around. She must have been shaking her head.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...