Today was your very first Pieday. Before you ever existed your Daddy and I tried to get everyone over for the holidays (when I say holidays, I wasn't picky. I would have taken Flag day!) but no one would come. They all had long standing plans else where. So we did what any logical people would do, we made up our own. Nobody can claim tradition elsewhere on a made up holiday. Well, they can, but we'll talk about liars when your older.
We decided the most important factor in creating a holiday was the food. Obvious, right? We chose pie. Pieday. What do you do on Pieday? You eat. lots and lots and lots more pie. We made 23 this year. Even with a monster rolling around our feet and demanding to fed and cuddled and occasionally wanting a superman to eat. Monster, please learn to respect your superheros. He didn't save our planet just to have a monster eat his head in between Cheerios.
I didn't burn any pies this year. I didn't yell at your daddy until at least 30 hours into the bake fest. And I didn't poison anyone. Total success.
You preferred mac and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment