Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We fought then made up. So it's like it never happened.



Everyone loves it, I’m sure.

The internal “Stay Cool Mel” moniter is beeping like mad by the time four o’clock rolls around, but I can’t stop. I have a problem.

This post is not about how I’m shocked modeling agencies and Mensa haven’t broken down my door trying to get at my Phinny, but seriously, what’s up with that? This is about how Sunday I had brief taste of wanting to lock myself in a dark closet and hold my breath until I passed out.

I’ll admit it’s my fault. I envisioned this perfect Sunday where Phin and I lazed around the house all day in our jammies eating cinnamon rolls and cuddling inbetween naps. I don’t know why I thought my one year old little boy had turned into a twenty eight year old chick for the day. Probably because I’m an idiot. Don’t worry, I was schooled. He quickly reminded me that he was still one and still a little dude. One who’s natural reaction to a sugary cinnamon roll is not to roll over on the couch and zonk out.

Some of my favorite demonstrations of this fact?
Taking my very favorite bowl, one I received when Lesco and I were hitched, out of the cupboard in the three seconds I had the child lock off and smashing it into dust. I can’t glue dust back together. Or the time he bit me so hard it put a hole in my leggings. That was a blast. I’m sure Liza wants you to know about how he threw the tape gun at her. And the cat. He threw the cat at the dog.

One positive, we mastered the word sorry. He sounds so freaken cute it’s distubring. Almost made his pact with Satan worth it. Almost but not really.

We ended the day in his rocking chair where we worked it out. I apologized for yelling like a madwoman when the bite happened. He rubbed my cheek while we rocked. That means I love you in Phin speak. So I think we’re good. 

I think the next fight I'll pick is with my little sis. She and her boyfriend are going on a last minute trip to Paris tomorrow. Paris. Suddenly my groupon for Fresh Mex doesn't seem that great. Oh to be young, in love, child free and have a boyfriend who works for an airline. 

Bon Voyage Renee!



9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Phin! That kid cracks me up! As do you!
    Paris? I would be jealous if I wasn't going to Italy this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dannnng that's right. It's Italy time. Aka- Mel hates you too. For reals, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha wouldn't it be great if their reaction to sugar was the opposite! :)

    Lindsay
    fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I think even 28 year old girlfriends don't enjoy cuddling in between naps.

    So jealous. I want to go to Europe. Like super bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay - I have total faith in the scientific community. They will solve this child/sugar issue.

    T- Me tooooooo! What's a girl got to do to get the funds to get over the ocean??

    ReplyDelete
  6. T- Plus, everyone should go straight to your blog and check out you latest photos. Beautiful dudette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog reading a comment you made on another blog mentioning your son's name (as it's unusual). I'm married to a Phineas (21 years!), and let it be known they are ALWAYS monsters! Mine is the 3rd and the two who preceded him are also monsters. I swear it's in the name...Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahahahaha! I know I'm far behind, but just wanted to say that I loved this post - made me smile! Of course Phin is a Mensa candidate - duh!!!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...