Christmas is almost here humans. I provide pictorial evidence.
Tree is up, decorated and currently there are no ornaments in the bathtub. Bam.
Snowflakes are hung and and Phin only tried to eat the scissors
I don't care if there are teeth marks in 3 out of 5 candles. That's a classy candelabra. It makes me feel like I should be lighting candles on my tree and making plum pudding. Clearly I'm wearing velvet in this scenario.
Nativity moved up three feet this year for safety reasons. We want Joseph to make it. And hey, if you send me a nativity card, it'll go up on the wall. I love and save them forever ever. Forever ever? Forever ever. I hope that song is in your head til New Years.
Just to stay on that theme, Phin's set isn't doing nearly as well. All we have left is a cow, a couple of birds on a stack of hay, one wise man, one shepherd and Joseph. Last time I saw Mary she was taking a bath in the dog's water. We must reunite this family in the next week. If anyone has seen a plastic baby with a halo.....
We're all about garland in this house. Every season, new garland. This one is a total fire hazard. Note to the masses, avoid buying fresh garland in November. Misting doesn't help, it just screws your paint job.
I have done zero baking so far. Luckily my husband rocks at everything. Like baking cookies and building fences. He also starts businesses and puts a baby to bed like a boss. Jealous? Me too. I suck. Which technically makes him the sucker for marrying me. So haha Jared, I win.
The Avon mouse calendar. 1987. Had one growing up and still have to fight Jared every day to move it. Real mature Lesco. I know you read this. Sadly I'm losing the battle, but the day changes in 28 minutes and guess who's still up. 8 up yo.
Poinsettias are out but I have mixed feelings. I freaken hate these plants. What are you supposed to do with them after Christmas? They aren't the kind of plant you leave out all year and they refuse to die. I had one live for two years. I hated it with an unnatural passion. I had to go on vacation and leave my sister in charge of my plants to finally be done with the thing. Thank you for having the blackest of thumbs little sis.
Stocking is hung. Ready to be filled. Hear that Santa? I'm so not like those pissy Best Buy moms. Do your best work, I have no desire to compete.










LOL. You switch over to code and then paste the code in. Switch back to regular and it should be there. So funny.
ReplyDeleteAnyway. I hate poinsettias too. They're too flashy, and you're right, they don't just die on December 25th.
LOL! Loved this list.
ReplyDeleteYour tree is just beautiful btw.
Stopping by from E's site ~
E- They do if you have a toddler. This is the good side of that poor plant. It's not going to make it another ten days and I don't care.
ReplyDeleteSusan- Thanks! I'm considering being that creepy chick who keepis it up for month. Except it's real. And my husband will try to reign in the crazy.
What the? Seriously guys, my poinsettia died on Dec 17th last year. Wow, I knew I was bad with plants, but wow.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't get the link to work either! I don't even know what this "switching over to code" business means!
ReplyDeleteWe have an almost identical nativity set - love it!
good grief, your tree should be on display at a..... mall? or some public place. it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeletelove your tree, hate those plants, your husband sounds like mine... cooks way better than me and gets the babies to laugh with zero effort. linking up from e's site!
ReplyDeleteyour tree shot is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteLove your tree!!! We have a teeny, tiny fake one! Boo! Oh well... Next year for sure a real one! Happy Holidays!!!
ReplyDeleteThat tree is dreamy!!
ReplyDeletexo
Your husband bakes cookies? Wow. No fair.
ReplyDeleteIs he for sale?
Btw, no twinsies over here! My friend needed help with shared nursery ideas so I pinned a bunch to help her... and the pinterest community! :)
Kimberly - Embrace it! You have a gift.
ReplyDeleteRebecca- You're awesome. I will donate it to our local mall. In your name. And when the realize it's totally dead they'll blame you.
Audrey- Rock your teeny tree, knowing you it looks bomb. Yup, just said that.
T- Bummer. I was getting excited.
Those Best Buy commercials crack me up! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI love your tree and all your decorations! So pretty :)
ReplyDeleteBailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/