Long before we had a babe of or own Jared would day dream about teaching his future children to use tools. Usually it was a pretty uninformed, aka dumb, dream that I would be forced to smash the second it came out of his mouth.
"I can't wait til I have a four or five year old and can show them how to use the table saw."
"You can't let a kindergartner use a table saw."
"Oh sure you can. I'll make sure they wear safety glasses."
"Excellent. That way they won't get any blood splatter in their eye when they saw their arm off."
"You're going to be one of those Mom's that doesn't let a kid be a kid."
"I never played with a table saw."
Then he usually mumbles something about my lack of soul or something and we hold hands and skip.
Either way, I'm ok with drills and apparently Phin thinks they are pretty cool too. He was all over helping daddy last night. Such a big, little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment