Saturday, July 23, 2011

Can I get a what what for Saturday?!

Do you want a coherent post that challenges your intellect, is accompanied by brilliant photos and brings you through a range of emotions?

Then go elsewhere my friends. This brain is happily fried. I just had to re write that twice. I kept typing fired. I did that long ago, but the sucker won't evacuate.

I knew it was going to be a good day when I woke up to this.



First- Phinny. Used. The. Potty. And no, when the thing sings a song every time the current user tinkles, the word toilet can't be used. It's a potty. A big boy one. Sure, it may take another year before the little man makes this his way of life, but I'm clinging.

It wasn't the only wonderful thing to happen to this family today. We went out to breakfast and ordered for Phin off the kids menu. Pancakes with Mickey Mouse ears. Do you know how that made me feel? You're about to. It made me feel like a real mom.

I know, you're like "Pushing that baby out, losing sleep for the last year and a half, spending every night trying to coerce a monster to actually eat food rather than dirt and rocks didn't make you feel that way?" And I'm like, "No, that just made me feel tired." What of it.





Then we thought to ourselves, "Hey do you know what would make a pretty good day even closer to perfect? Tahoe." Then we patted ourselves on the back for being so brilliant. I really believe Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Jared and I still can't hold our jaws closed when we see some of the views on the drive up. Really, if you haven't been, you must come this way someday. It's a national treasure.








(We don't let Phin sit on the dog. This pic was taken in the very tiny time between him climbing on and Jared pulling him off.)




Definitely one of those days that makes you fall in love with life and summer and your favorite people all over again. Those are the very best kind of days.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post. you real and it's refreshing.

    P.S. I'm dying to come to Tahoe. Would love to partake in some water skiing while I'm looking at all that beauty!

    Happy Weekend to you!

    http://portofthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post! really enjoyed reading it ... you can make sleepless night sound desirable, haha.

    looks like the perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe what a cutie of a kiddo you have there! no surprise the day turned into all kinds of amazing when you looked his way! gosh, i've been feeling the "fries" too, spell check is my friend ; ) feel like i have to double-triple check everything i type these days. dream day indeed, makes me crave more seaside and less pavement for sure. happy sunday lades and thanks so much for your visit. the blog design feedback meant a lot! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stomach looks amazing. I'm jealous.

    Yay for pottying in the potty! What a smart boy.

    And hey I used to work at Mimi's when I was a teenager. I gained like 10 pounds there. Thank goodness I don't have to be around those muffins anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! That place sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...