Screams. Loud,
violent screams.
I slip on the foam letters
Q, R, B, and H.
I whisper an obscenity. A really loud whisper. F it, I might
have raised my voice.
Phin does not hear because he is still screaming like a
demon baby.
Towel grabbed, state of cleanliness in question.
Run to baby, grab baby, baby clings like spider monkey and
there we stay.
And that’s how I ended up pantsless on my bed for two hours.
Literally had to have Jared help dress me while I lifted Phin in genius like
moves that resulted in at least two permanently twisted muscles. Writing that
out makes me re think the use of the word genius. Let’s replace it with the
word pathetic. This all made better by the fact my body is also trying to rid
itself of a lung. I’m on day seven and Phin is on day three. Make it stop.
Please, I appeal to you health gurus, share your brilliant cold cures.
And if you got nothing, mind Fed Exing me some of this? Please and thank you.
Recipe here.
The Rolex household is home sick today too (at least the "Lex" portion is). Hearing your story makes me grateful for the "Hoarders" marathon taking place here.
ReplyDeleteHope you and your spider monkey feel better soon.
Alex- That show always gives me the urge to purge my closet and throw away my Tupperware. Hope you feel better fast lady!
ReplyDeleteLOL.... sometimes you just can't fight those babies any more.
ReplyDeleteWe swear by this supplement in our house - We take it whenever we feel like we are getting sick and I hardly ever get sick anymore. Its called AHCC and you can find it at healthfood stores like Jimbos and Henrys.
awww, this makes me sad. i can't stand being sick and when i hear that other people are sick {especially a cute little baby} it makes me sad. feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteand i wish that i could give you advice. i just have gotten very lucky and don't get sick very often. i hadn't gotten sick in so long and then all of a sudden the day of my birthday, sick like a freaking dog! i actually had to call out because i was sick for the first time ever at my 5 years at my job. craziness!
anywho, all of that to say, hope that you and Phin are feeling much better!