Friday, May 6, 2011

I wish I was a Southern Belle.

Have I mentioned I'm a country convert? It's been two years now. I remember the day I told Jared. I made him sit down. I said I had some hard news to share. He took it ok.

Really. I've always been one of those humans that said "Everything but country" when someone asked me what music I listened too. Mostly it was punk/ska/emo/indie/a little bit of that screaming kind. I had purple hair. Saying that makes me sound a whole lot cooler than I was. I was soo not cool. I dated guys with more piercings than organs. Didn't ya know that dating a guy with three lips rings and two tongue piercings is super hot? All that clicking when they try to talk... rawr!

Since my conversion I've wanted to visit the south. I'm convinced I would be a happy girl down there; the kind that ate grits and hung out with hot guys up on water towers. I probably sound so lame to all of you from that region. I am, but more because I do things like countdowns to my birthday on post it notes ten months out, not because I'm obsessed with southern living.

Last Thursday Jared sent me a little email at work. One with flight information for Saturday morning. I tried to maintain a professional attitude. I tried to only focus on very important, work related things. I failed.

He planned the whole thing. He arranged vacation time with my boss, care for Phinny with my Mom, had family stay at our house to watch my puppy.

I was under the impression that we were going on a two day trip to San Fransisco. That Lesco fooled me again.

I'll totally admit I'm spoiled. 100 percent.

We went on a road trip from Nashville down to Savannah and back. We ended up at a cornbread festival. We had pecan and peach pie from every roadside stand and diner we saw it advertised. We fell in love with dreamy, historic Savannah and beachy Tybee island. We had FIVE nights of sleep, FIVE. For the record, I cried at least once a day over my baby) We marveled at how green it was. (Sorry Cali, you have nothing on the South.)

I accidentally started talking in a Southern accent to people and would pretend I didn't understand their confusion when they asked where I was from. Reno, NV.

I freaked myself out on a Ghost tour and got up close and personal with Brad Paisley at the Grand Ole Opry.

It was so much fun. The best part was just hanging out with Lesco, like the olden days. Olden being 13.5 months ago but let me tell ya, it feels a whole lot longer than that.









3 comments:

  1. Oh mah gawd (southern accent)! How exciting. Now THAT is a husband. Isn't the food the best?

    So glad you came to visit us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food was the best! I read your whole guide to the south in the airport and it was so useful. So thanks dudette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!

    PS, every time you comment on my blog, I laugh. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...