Friday, May 27, 2011

Long before I had a child I pictured my future little one holding his or her little arms out and calling for Mama. Maybe not as often as I pictured my little one becoming the Mark Zuckerberg of 2030 and taking me on one of those cruises around the world, but I had the vision. I was warned that babes often say Dada first so I did everything in my power to prevent this wrong. If I have to sit in a tiny closet at work twice a day with my back against some sort of heating tank with the insulation shedding fiber glass onto my back and a tower of files threatening to crush my head at any second while I pump, he should say my name first.



Jared was out of town quite a bit last year and I intentionally never used his name. It was more like “Father has abandoned us once again Phin phin, Maaaa ma will never do that. Mama loves you, Mama is the best human to ever, ever live. Mamamamamamamamamamamama.



Mama’s got no game. It was Dada for the win.



But oh my how the tables have turned. Right now I officially have a mama’s boy. I hear mama mama mama every waking moment. My two year old nephew doesn’t get it. When we’re driving home from Vovo’s and Phin is calling for me for the nine BILLIONTH time in three minutes he gets frustrated.



“Phin phin, Mama’s right there!” First it was cute. Then it goes on for the whole thirty minute. Louder and louder.



MAMA MAMA.



PHIN PHIN, SHE’S RIGHT THERE! MAMA’S RIGHT THERE! STOP! SHE’S RIGHT THERE.



MAMA!!!!!!



RIGHT THERE!



At this point people around me are rolling up their windows and giving me death stares. Then I decided it’s a good time to give my handsome hubby a call. I’m driving so it has to be speaker phone. Hehehe.



So yeah. Dream fulfilled.


(A total glamour shot. Mothers, notice the expert turning in of the foot to hold baby in place. These are the hot kinda of pictures I get when Jared gets the camera. Jeal?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...