Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.


I’m like most sane adults. I focus in on something I want and become obsessed with it to the point of being legally questionable until that item is mine. Then after the adrenaline settles, mild disappointment sets in.

Really? The perfect discontinued, lobster patterned, J Crew swimsuit didn’t change my life? Actually that sucker still evades me. Seven years and counting. I will prevail.

Good thing the urge to acquire some random item doesn’t hit too often because really, wouldn’t that just make me a sad, pathetic person? Always chasing (lobster) tail?

Right now it’s a Christmas nativity pyramid. My grandma has one and I remember watching her light the candles when I was a wee thing and being fascinated with the way the heat  rotated the nativity. It was probably my all time favorite Christmas decoration behind the 1987 Avon Advent Mouse Calendar. I vowed that someday when I had my own house, stocked with  canned frosting and the latest RL Stine, I would own such a thing. I just forgot about that vow until yesterday.

Problem is they don’t come cheap. I don’t have 80+ bucks to spend on a whim. Or 60. Really, the budget is pretty limited in this department. So I’m going a little crazy trying to manage my Ebay watch list. I might throw up. Cross your fingers that I get the deal of the day and that I really do feel like a whole new person the moment that box lands on my doorstep. And if you happen to see a 2003 J Crew lobster bikini, size M……….

If you want to buy this one, go here 

5 comments:

  1. Yes! The lobster swimsuit. I completely forgot about that, but I still wish you luck that one will surface!

    My grandma had one of those nativity sets too! Maybe they got them from the Avon lady or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Good luck! My husbands parents have one if those too! I think it's from Germany? We light it every year! I hope you get it cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em - My grandma was the Avon lady. That meant I was hooked up in mini lip gloss and embroidered bath towels for YEARS. It was a pretty sweet setup. But I'm pretty sure she got it in Germany on one of their one billion State Farm trips.

    Audrey - I'm pretty sure that's where my grandma picked hers up. I have a dream to go to Germany at Christmas time and wander around little villages with Christmas street fairs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...